Welcome to the DCN Volunteer home page
DC Network volunteers are essential to the running of many of our activities and we are hugely grateful to them for the time and effort that they put into their roles. If you're considering volunteering with us, you can find the list of vacancies below, as a series of clips for you to watch about the Welcomer & local group coordinator roles.
If you'd like to find out more then we'd love to hear from you.
The key criteria is enthusiasm, and a friendly, thoughtful and empathetic approach. We find its helpful for our volunteers to have children older than 3 so that they can offer a wider range of experiences, however this is not fixed.
We currently have vacancies for the following roles:
We are looking for members in the following circumstances to join our welcoming team:
- Heterosexual couples / same-sex couples:
- who have used double/embryo donation
- parents through surrogacy
- Solo mums
- who used double/embryo donation
- who used surrogacy
- or in 'mixed families' [with naturally or adopted children and donor conceived children]
Local meetup coordinators
South West England
and generally anyone across the UK/Ireland interested in arranging in-person events.
Chat facilitators are the latest addition to our team of volunteers, as we have expanded our online offer of DCN Chats. Ideally if you are interested in this role, you will have some experience of group facilitation. We are especially interested in hearing from members in the following circumstances:
- Solo mums through sperm or double/embryo donation
- Heterosexual couples with older children
- Parents through surrogacy
- Ethnicity - an experienced facilitator who can reflect on the way in which ethnicity impacts on the experience of donor conception
- Donor conceived person - who can run bi-monthly/monthly sessions for this group
Volunteers to join our Research committee - members with experience in research who wish to help examine the research applications which we receive. Further information on email@example.com
We are always looking for event volunteers (e.g to work at the Fertility show) and for small group faciliators for our conferences.
If you are interested in any of these roles email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
You can download our Volunteer handbook here