Parenting Donor Conceived Children
As a solo mum
What can help in understanding how donor conceived people feel?
- Read accounts from donor conceived young people in the Personal Stories section.
- Read books that are available from the DCN library and elsewhere that contain stories and quotes from donor conceived people. The following are a selection of the titles –
- All the Telling and Talking booklets
- Building a Family with the Help of Donor Insemination by Ken Daniels
- Experiences of Donor Conception: Parents, offspring and donors throughout the years by Caroline Lorbach
- Let the Offspring Speak: Discussions on Donor Conception by the Donor Conception Support Group of Australia (only available via DCN library)
- View DCN’s two professionally made films –
- A Different Story featuring 7 donor conceived children and young people
- Telling and Talking featuring heterosexual and lesbian couples and single women and their children talking about telling.
- Also borrow from DCN library film ‘Offspring’: a donor conceived adult searches for his donor and finds half-siblings.