Our governance structure
The trustees are elected annually by the membership at the AGM. The trustees elect a chair from amongst themselves.
The trustees are the legally responsible group of individuals with the collective duty to ensure that the network:
- pursues the objectives stated in the constitution and the mission statement
- uses its resources (money and people) exclusively to pursue those aims
- acts in the interests of those who are intended to benefit.
The role of the trustees is to:
- ensure compliance with relevant laws (charity, employment, health and safety, data protection, child protection, equalities, tax)
- set the strategic business direction of the network
- formulate medium and long term plans, including succession plans for key managers
- ensure financial stability
- assess and manage risks
- appoint the management
- hold the management to account